Monday, October 27, 2008

To forgive or not to forgive....

So... I'm spending the afternoon wondering about some things I've done and said in my past. Some good, some not so good.

I've often wondered whether or not to forgive someone that was a very close person in my life, especially after some pretty big hurting that she did. But of course, looking at her blog, she has taken my privileged communication with her and has now reverted to calling me a "retard." Very mature, Nicci. Bravo!

I'm sorry, pal, but I'm not the one who intentionally deceived a person they were supposedly in love with. I'm not the one who purposefully humiliated this person and his family on a very special occasion. Granted, I did some not-so-lovely things in my life and it bothers the hell out of me what I said and did... but you have no shame, no scruples and no soul.

And the fact you have your henchmen dragging our dirty laundry out into public is really mature too. But I guess I should expect nothing less coming from you.

So I apologize for what I said. You want to tell me to eff off, fine. But at least be man enough to do it face to face.

As for forgiving you... well, the jury's still out on that.

Fact is, for the first time in my life, I'm quite content with where things are going. Work is going well... I have great friends... Swee' Pea is growing like a weed (and about as talkative as her uncle!)... Oh, and my girlfriend and I are doing great, too! This is one thing that's been bothering me. I feel bad about what I said, and I guess I was looking for some kind of closure.

That's what I get for being so naive...and for being a knave!

I should just let her get her digs in, big deal. I've dealt with worse in my life and it's not like she's a major part of mine now. To be honest, I have no feeling for her at all. I don't care about her anymore; I just wanted to close the book once and for all. As for her fiancee, who is actually a pretty nice guy... I sure as heck hope you know what you're getting yourself into, my friend.

Of course, I'm still bringing it up, so I must still have some issue. But maybe some day when you're all good little boys and girls, Uncle Jackrabit will tell you all the story.

But until then, I'll have the good sense (for once) to keep my big yap shut... Some people could take a lesson or two on that! LOL