Sunday, October 19, 2008

Cool news!

Some of you may know who Josh Spies is. He's a wildlife artist out of Watertown and he's also an SDSU graduate.

Well, it turns out Mr. Spies has won the Federal Duck Stamp contest, which is a pretty huge honor for any wildlife artist, considering your work will be gracing hunting licenses all across the country.

Now I'm not much on art. I like the outdoor photography of Ansel Adams, which is simply awe-inspiring even 60-70 years later, but that's really about it for me. But I did check out Josh's website and I swear you were looking at a photograph, his art is that realistic.

I would check out the work that he has posted on line, especially the one titled "The Usual Suspects". It's too bad prints aren't available of that; that would be the perfect Christmas gift for my brothers!

No comments: