Friday, October 31, 2008

"Some things just aren't meant to be."

"Some things just aren't meant to be."

Sounds like a cliche, but it's fairly solid advice my mom gave me yesterday. Those words keep echoing in my mind as I wrap my mind around the fact that I am once again single.

It was made painfully official Wednesday night. "Ex-Siggy" says she has too much on her plate right now with a new job, family issues, and school. I tried to make the argument that it wasn't the best idea to push away the people that cared about her during this stressful time, but she had her mind made up.

"Some things just aren't meant to be."

As disappointed as I am in our relationship coming to an end, I also find myself not being "broken up" about it. Perhaps because I knew she was keeping me at arm's length. Perhaps because I've been hardened and calloused because of the Ex-"Thing" and what she put me through. Perhaps it all goes back to what my mom said...

"Some things just aren't meant to be."

In any case, I did some soul-searching. And with the exception of some deep-seeded trust issues (which seem to have served me in this case) and a really STUPID argument, I didn't do anything wrong.

But what bothers me is some friend of mine have been telling me that she's denying ever having dated me. If that's the case then perhaps it is for the best that we part ways.

In any case, I'm not going to dwell on it. As Dad told me last night, "There are other fish in the sea." And I'll go back to what Mom said.

"Some things just aren't meant to be."

So I guess I'm back on the market. A little older, a little sadder, and perhaps a little wiser.