Monday, October 27, 2008

A load of hot air!

Okay, so it was colder than a well-digger's backside yesterday, but it's a cute title.

Now that we survived the windstorm of yesterday past all I can say is YOWZA!!!

In fact, just taking a look at some of the pics around Brandon and Sioux Falls and Aberdeen, and it was a surprise no one was hurt or worse.

And the wind had a bit of an effect in my family. One of my family member's big pine trees is now at a permanent 45-degree angle. A few years ago, it had fallen over, we re-staked it and tied it down in the hopes that the roots would take hold again and keep it from doing the same thing. Took the ropes off this year and at the first gust of wind... BLAMMO!!!

Needless to say, it'll be coming down in the not to distant future... but if I get over there with a camera, I'll make sure to take a picture. Kinda looks like the old Zip Tower when it was supposed to collapse.



I don't know what makes me laugh more, the failed implosion or the guy's laugh!