Sunday, March 19, 2006

So there's a lot of talk about this new abortion ban in South Dakota, my home sweet home. It seems that there is a lot of talk on other blogs admonishing us or praising us...

**Before I continue, I must say that my opinions about this particular topic are personal and private. Please don't take this as endorsement of or opposition to any particular stand. If you do, you are a moron, and I will ridicule you mercilessly!**

I am amazed at the response coming in from all around the country and the world about lil' ol us. Now some of the responses are supportive, and some are critical, and some are just plain goofy.

Like right now, there's a few blogs out there calling us a bunch of "mysoginisitc, knuckle-dragging neanderthals." Excuse me, but I haven't dragged my knuckles since I stumbled home from the 1995 St. Paddy's Day party at Lambda Xi Delta in Brookings!

But now there's talk of BOYCOTTS? I'm sorry, but I think there's a point where passion becomes a bit nutty. It's great to believe in something, but when it dominates your every waking moment, then it becomes a hinderance.

Frankly, I'm suprised if some of these folks can even FIND South Dakota on a map!

And for those who are "ashamed" to be South Dakotans? Well, I'm sorry you feel that way. Just because there's a controversial law on the books, it doesn't change the fact that we as South Dakotans are about the nicest, hardest-working, decent folks you'll ever want to associate with. And if you can't look past some law and take some pride in being from where the crime rate is low and the education rate is high, well, I feel sorry for you.

After all, it's just politics! There are more important things to worry about in life! Like... The Vikings! And the Jackrabbits!!!

No comments: