Monday, March 27, 2006

I'm Moving On

The Jewish have a unique custom... when they lose a loved one they mourn for thirty days. After the thirty days, they move on with their lives.

Although I haven't lost a loved one recently, I did say goodbye to two very good freinds. My boss, mentor, and friend, Jim, who decided to try his fortunes in Wyoming radio. And Jessica, who was one of the first people to make me giddy, upset, mad, and glad at the same time.

Jim, I know will keep in touch. Especially since I have his e-mail!

Jessica is different... since I talked with her the weekend she left, she has disconnected her phone and shut off her e-mail. It takes me a while to pick up on these things but the message is clear...

It's time to move on.

No bitterness this time, just sadness for losing a friend. But as my new boss Lorin says "Everything is Temporary". Smart man, Lorin... goofy-looking, but smart!

So I move on... new opportunites and new friends await... Life; Damn the Torpedoes, FULL SPEED AHEAD!!!

No comments: