Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Runnin' Ragged

It seems as though this week has been rush, stress, rush, and crash!

Lot's of things going on this week... one of our announcers is leaving so the remainder of our programming staff is going to have to pick up the slack for a while until our new guy shows up. We also had several Vice Presidents from the corporation in Madison on Tuesday. I realize they have business that probably has NOTHING to do with us, but I still can't help but feel like I was put under the microscope.

So needless to say, it's been a bit stressful this first part of the week... it's led to some loss of sleep to be sure. But hey, the weekend's coming up! And not a moment too soon, either.

On the other hand, I seem to be making some friends at DSU... I seem to be getting along well with the baseball and the men's basketball coaches, which is good. The baseball coach even gave me an official DSU hat, which is pretty cool. So now I'm a Trojan fan as well as a Bulldog fan, Quarrier fan, and of course, Jackrabbit fan.

Speaking of the Jacks, they're playing an NAIA school in football next season?!?! Color me kooky, but what the hell? South Dakota State is a Division One School! We should have NO BUSINESS playing such a weak opponent! I realize that this was a last-minute scheduling thing because another team backed out, but come on! There's got to be some better competition out there! This is not helping us in terms of gaining respect as a Division One school. I'd rather much get my ass-kicked by top-quality teams and improve than to win over inferior teams and regress. That's my opinion on the matter; I could be wrong.

Apartment hunting continues in Madison... The one place I thought had promise was a bust! That and the potential landlord failed the litmus test (i.e. Mom). Mom's pretty experienced at getting to the tough questions.... perhaps in another life she was a reporter? I don't know... nothing has really stood out or shown a whole lot of promise... I'd obviously like a newer place to live in that isn't going to cost an arm and a leg, but unfortunately you have to be either a senior citizen or on low-income housing to get those kinds of places. So I'm S.O.L. for now...

Just another day in paradise, folks! Keep on Smilin'!

No comments: