Monday, March 27, 2006

Finding my focus

And you may ask yourself / Where is that large automobile' /And you may tell yourself / This is not my beautiful house! / And you may tell yourself / This is not my beautiful wife!
--"Once in a lifetime," Talking Heads

When I was going back to school for my teaching certificate, one of my professors told me I should take a year off and go to Egypt. I told him that was a bit of a nutty suggestion. And then he told me something that's stuck in my mind, even six years later...

"Matt, you need to find your focus."

It makes sense, though. Life is like this great big ship, and you have to have a destintion to go to... otherwise, what's the point.

Finding my focus has been a bit of a challenge. I've had to fall on my face a few times, but I'm getting there. I think I finally found the focus in my professional life by coming back to radio.

Now on to the personal life... DAMN THE TORPEDOES, FULL SPEED AHEAD!!!

No comments: