Friday, March 21, 2008

Finally Friday!

And not a moment too soon!

Well, it's your favorite jackrabbit back in the driver's seat for another whirlwind cruise around the circus that is my life.

Basketball has finally been put to rest at work. But what a finish! For the first time in 63 years, Madison made it to the state finals. That's pretty impressive and the town was tickled pink-or was it maroon? Anyway, they finished second and are the favorites to win the thing next year.

Work has been going along at a happy, buzzing pace. With sports essentially done for the time being, I can concentrate on other things at work that might not always get my full attention.

I'm also going on vacation! Barring some minor disaster and the like, I'm going to fly out to Chicago April 23-27 to visit my good buddy Dan. I'm bringing a friend along, so we're going to do our best to stay out of Dan and Jenn's hair during the day. And take them out a few times in the evening! Now, I need to get me taxes done so I can get my refund and stimulus checks and refresh my bank account.

But I'm looking forward to going out there. I had such a blast out there the last time, I just had to share it. Now I just need to find my camera (I THINK it's in my car!) and I'm set!

I decided to wait on getting another car. Frankly, this car has been running well (with the exception of needing a tune-up) and with the body damage it has, I probably wouldn't be able to get jack-squat on a trade. So I'll drive it til it dies and then buy another one. I might go the route my dad is taking and get a Jeep. That would be cool!

The roller coaster that is my personal life has finally found something of an equilibrium. It's not perfect, but it'll do for now. I've also taken to growing some pretty decent facial hair. Nothing like what my friend from Lake Herman has, but not too shabby. I started growing it after Madison's boys won regions, and I'll probably keep it until I get tired of it (or overheated!). My niece Zoey couldn't quite recognize me... I can see in her eyes that she want's to recognize me, but she can't quite make up her mind if I'm her silly uncle Matt or some imposter with weird stuff on his face!

Other than that, things are going well. I've discovered that while having money and things are nice, it's having inner peace and peace of mind that is far more valuable in this world. Wise words to live by. Have a good 'un!

No comments: