Monday, May 26, 2008

The Master Manipulator... or so she seems.

I know, I know... I'm beating a dead horse here, but since I don't want to write Jesse and she doesn't want to write me (and is probably still lurking on this blog), she'll get the message sooner or later.

First of all, I started calling her by her original birth name, Jesse. The beautiful, intelligent creature I knew as Nicci does not exist. Rather a manipulative, conniving, con artist.

Funny thing, I actually got along with one of her other friends. She introduced me to "F" while in Chicago, probably hoping we'd go after each other like two bulls fighting for the same cow. But to her surprise (or was it disappointment?), "F" and I got along quite well.

Yesterday, I was cleaning out some files and decided to tell "F" what happened and that because of his friendship with her, I couldn't talk to him anymore. Imagine my surprise when he told me that she had given him the cold shoulder as well! I guess our aborted gladiatorial showdown kinda rubbed her the wrong way.

I found out that a lot of what I feel about Jesse, "F" feels the same. Such as the fact that she tends to twist around words and feelings so that she can take something that she did wrong to you and make it feel like it was YOUR fault! And now that I've had a night to sleep on it, I realized he makes a LOT of sense.

In the three years I knew Jesse, I have NEVER heard her once show any bit of genuine empathy. When we reconnected after a year and a half, she never once showed her remorse for the pain she cause me and my family. In fact, she made it all out to be MY fault and my family's fault! She never could take accountability for her actions and it was always "someone else's fault".

I think there's a psychological term for that: "Sociopath." But then, claiming to be a therapist, Jesse would have known that already.

In any case, "F" and I both came to the understanding that a woman like that was not needed in either of our lives. "F" is a helluva nice guy and he deserves better. As do I.

As for Jesse? Just a bad mistake.

No comments: