Monday, April 14, 2008

Monday, Monday

I know, you're getting a treat! A post from me less than a week from the last one!

The weekend went fairly well. I caught up on a lot of sleep, which is always good. It seems that during the week 5-6 hours of sleep is the norm for me and then I end up sleeping away the weekend. I don't seem to mind it and since I'm not married, or dating or anything, it's not like I have to be accountable to anyone. So there!

Friday was Zoey's first birthday, but we all got together on Saturday for the party. She is an incredible little girl! I did get a gift, a $50 savings bond. Probably not the cutest gift, but considering these things collect interest for 30 years, it may get her something more memorable in the future. At least I hope so! Besides, she has more than enough clothes and toys.

It got me thinking about what I want to do for the future. Like I've written in previous posts, I'm quickly becoming a not-so-happy bachelor. In fact, I was told this weekend that a certain person I have very strong feelings for does not have the same feelings for me... in fact she said its highly doubtful she'll ever have those feelings for me again.

The worst part is it's my own fault. When I had my little temper tantrum, she said, "you ripped out my heart and destroyed any feelings I may have had for you." And considering that she had a fantastic date with someone else this weekend is a pretty big sign that not only did I screw up royally, but that I should forget all about her. Not an easy thing to do, considering how much I love her. I could probably do all the "mea culpas" in the world and do all sorts of bloodletting, but it won't make one bit of difference to her. Smooth move, Matthew!

The sad part is, of all the people I've met and dated, she's the one that I would want to start a family with. To marry her and settle down and go from being a not-so-happy bachelor, to a happy husband.

But as she said, "It's a bit late to be thinking these things."

Damn.

But... I also realize that my life has more to it than just one person. I still have some awesome friends (a couple of whom I'll be seeing in Chicago next week), a great job (how many people can say they look forward to going to work and MEAN it?), and a great family.

So let's see, what else? Oh... taxes are done, a whole two days before the filing deadline. What can I say? I'm getting them done earlier and earlier! I do have a nice refund of MY money that's forthcoming, so I'm pleased about that. Don't believe the politicians... this is money that they take from YOUR paycheck before you even get to see it on payday. And some of these people that grouse about the stimulus check not helping us... hell, I'll take $600 of my money any day! I just wish it was a permanent thing. It's not welfare, it's my money that I paid in to Uncle Sam for fruit fly mating research and Minnesota Zoo improvements (though I live in South Dakota). Can you tell I'm getting a bit miffed about this!

Still some remaining vestiges of Thursday's blizzard. But Mother Nature is doing her best to have it all go bye-bye this week. I HOPE that's the last of the snow for a while!

One more week until vacation! And not a moment too soon!

No comments: