Thursday, April 17, 2008

Really "Fowl" Balls

Sometimes, things just come across your desk that makes you stop and scratch your head for about four or five minutes. Such was the case this afternoon.

I received a press release from the Sioux Falls Canaries in my work e-mail. Normally, these releases talk about promotions planned for the season or players that are signed, traded, or have been signed to a major league club. But this one... well... here are some of the "highlights"!

The Sioux Falls Canaries and [name removed to cover my ass] are teaming up to this summer to bring Fowl Balls to concession stands at the Birdcage. The venture makes Sioux Falls Stadium the first sports venue in the country to offer their fans a chance to enjoy turkey testicles.


Turkey WHAT?!?!?

The breaded and fried nature of the Fowl Balls make them a great appetizer to enjoy with your favorite dipping sauce as an alternative to onion rings or mozzarella sticks.


I can just see it now... "Sorry darling, but the concession stand ran out of onion rings and mozzarella sticks. So I got you the deep fried reproductive organs off a male turkey!"

“The Fowl Balls will make a perfect compliment to a cold beer at the Birdcage,” said Canaries Director of Food & Beverage Bill Sedelmeier.


A lot of beer, Bill... a LOT of beer!

The food item is considered a delicacy in China and Japan.


YOU MEAN THAT WASN'T GENERAL TSO'S CHICKEN I WAS EATING THE OTHER NIGHT!?!?!?!?!

Two morals to this story.

1) I really need to get out more.
2) The next time you go after a foul ball, make sure you specify which balls you're after... I might just need you to get me another beer!

No comments: