Monday, November 03, 2008

Water... genius!

So I did something really stupid yesterday.

I decided to work out, which wasn't the stupid thing. I did 45 minutes on the Eliptical trainer and was feeling pretty good. So I went for a swim for another 20 minutes, followed by 10 minutes in the hot tub. After that, I spent 20 minutes in the sauna.

Guess what I didn't do? That's right... I forgot to drink some water. THAT was the stupid thing.

So when I stepped into the locker room after the sauna, I collapsed faster than the stock market. One minute I was standing and getting ready to shower off, the next I was kissing the locker room floor. Good thing I didn't hit my head on anything--as if I could have caused any more drain bammage!

It was an interesting sensation... my arms were tingling, I was light-headed and I felt nauseous. Not the smartest thing I've done, but it sure was a hell of a lesson in physiology!

Needless to say, I drank plenty of water after this morning's workout... and I stayed the hell away from the sauna!