Sunday, November 09, 2008

Soul-Searching

So it's been about two weeks, and I haven't made contact with the ex-siggy. Nor has she tried to make contact with me.

Que Sera, Sera.

While I'm disappointed that the relationship didn't work out, I wasn't crushed by its failure either. It seemed as though the last couple of weeks, she was keeping me at arm's distance. Always on the computer, some nights saying less than 20 words to me. So when she split with me, it didn't really come as any big surprise.

On the rare moments that I haven't been preoccupied with sports and work, I've done a little soul-searching on why I wasn't more broken-up. Perhaps it was we weren't together that long. Perhaps I was expecting her to disappear like she did three years ago. Perhaps my experience with Nicci left me a bit more calloused than I had anticipated. Or perhaps it's as my mom said... I was in love more with the idea of being in a relationship than the person.

I think it's a combination of all of the above.

In any case, it seems as though she has a new person in her life... Good for her. If she's looking to make me jealous, she isn't. I wish her the best of luck.

In the meantime, I'm business as usual. I've been re-connecting with old friends, working out (as usual!), and generally enjoying my life.

But I learned a lesson... getting into a relationship just to be in one is never a good thing. It's not worth the added stress! LOL