Sunday, February 26, 2006

Airing out the laundry....

Music of the day: "Sunday Morning Coming Down" by Kris Kristofferson


First of all, congratulations to my good friend Crystal on her recent marriage. She was united in holy-moly matirmony on Valentine's Day... Way to go, my friend! I hope you and Kyle have a long, fruitful, and happy life together. And if you're looking for names for your first-born, "Matthew James" is always a popular one. Just make sure it's a boy!


So here it is, 12:40 in the afternoon, but it feels like morning. Mainly because I just woke up! I usually don't sleep this late into the day; most times I'm up anywhere between 4:30 am and 7:30 am, depending on if I have to sign-on at the radio station. But if I have the day off, then I turn off the alarm and let my sleep-deprived system take over.


It looks like I have to sign-on Monday and Tuesday morning. Turns out my boss (who normally signs on) has to leave for an emergency... not a joke, either! When you're boss leaves you a message at 4:30 in the morning as he's driving to the Minneapolis airport, you have to give him the benefit of the doubt. So I hope everything works out well with him... I must be the only person in the country who actually gets along with his boss and not in a kiss-ass way!


Games I broadcast this week (mark your calendar, folks, there's a lot of em!):

Tuesday: District 7B Semifinals (two games), 6:30 and 8:00, FM 103.1

Thursday: District 5A First Round (Madison hosts Tri-Valley), 7:00, AM 1390

Friday: District 5A Championship (Madison / Tri-Valley vs. Chester / Howard, in Salem), 7:00, AM 1390.


State Tournaments are coming soon, so I'm excited for that. I'll probably be in Mitchell (State A Girls) and in Sioux Falls (State A Boys). Then I'll have about a 2-month break where I'll be concentrating my energy on programming for the station before baseball starts.


Like the mountain of laundry... it never ends!!!

No comments: