Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Lunchtime musings

So I'm taking a few minutes to blog today, as I have my lunch break right now. It's been a while since I've blogged so I figured I'd get you caught up on what's going on in Jackrabit1's life...

Becoming a Tech-Head.

So now that I'm back to where I was before financially before I started spending like a madman, I realized I needed to treat myself a little bit. I bought a new LCD TV. Nothing too fancy, 32-inch, 750 dpi so it's on the low-end of HDTV. But the super-cool thing is it has a VGA port to hook up a computer.

With a little investment of around 35-bucks for cables, I now have my computer hooked up to my TV. Which is all the cooler because I signed up for Netflix so I can get movies to my computer instantly. Add Hulu to the mix, and I have a virtual library of great shows and movies at my fingertips!

I'm easily amused this way.

The Crud

That's right, it's time for my annual bout with the crud. Call it the cold, rhinovirus, whatever... all I know is it usually makes my job 10 times harder and during the busiest time of my year at the station.

But here's the funny thing... I wake up in the morning and feel like complete crap. I get dressed and over to the Community Center and start working out and still feel like crap. But about 10 minutes in, the sweat's pouring, the sinuses start to loosen, and I actually feel pretty decent. Perhaps the prescription should be "Take two ellipticals and call me in the morning!"

Kiss-Off Advice

A word of advice to all you ladies out there. Don't... and I mean DON'T sugar-coat your dis-interest in a guy with passe seventh-grade phrases. By this I mean, if you're not interested in a guy (or a girl, hey it's the 21st Century), don't say "I like you as a friend." Pure 100-percent horsesqueeze.

Besides, after spilling out your heart, guts and various other organs and being told that, do you REALLY want to stick around that person. Especially when every relationship they get into after that feels like a sucker punch to your gut?

Frankly, I prefer the more direct approach. "I'm not interested in you." It's final, direct, and it's less patronizing and insulting to the other person. And as for hurt feelings? It might sting me for a while, but it sure as Hell beats being patronized and having my intelligence insulted.

Anyway, that's my two cents on that.

And now, it's back to my ramen noodle soup (it's Ash Wednesday... no meat today!) Adios!

No comments: