Tuesday, August 19, 2008

A sense of peace...

With finalizing schedules, trying to get board ops to come to meetings, and dealing with people who want me to document every time I take a nap, I can get a little overwhelmed. Add on to that my relationship issues, money issues, and family issues, and I can be one stressed-out Jackrabbit!

But tonight... a sense of peace. Something I haven't had for a while.

Today I got all my stuff done at the station... on time I might add! Then a quick change into my workout gear (note to self... time to do a load of laundry!) and a jaunt over to the Community Center.

I was able to get some lifting in tonight... something I hadn't been able to do last week since I was overworked and under-rested. A hard walk/run on the treadmill and I was looking like I just stepped out of the rain!

Then home for a quick shower, a quick supper (Lemon Chicken Piccatta... from Weight Watchers), and a little chatting with friends and for a while, all my stress is inconsequential. Not a bad feeling, mind you.

Of course, in three months, I'll be going on a week's vacation. I'm pretty sure I'll be heading out to Wisconsin to spend time with my family. To be honest, I'm kinda looking forward to taking my new car out and getting some good mileage on her. But I need to replace the antenna cable so I can actually listen to the radio! LOL

The last time I saw my aunt and her family was when Grandpa Hendrickson passed away. That's one of my big regrets, not spending more time with Grandpa. But when you're an 8-hour drive from him, a quick jaunt over to visit wasn't very feasible. But I've been to Nasville twice, to Chicago twice; there's no good reason why I can't pack up the Malibu and hit the open road to Sturgeon Bay!

But as much as I'm looking forward to seeing my family, I'm looking forward to the drive itself. To be able to spend 8 hours with me and my thoughts... there's a certain peacefulness in that solitude. That, and listening to my Bruce Springsteen and Buck Owens CDs! LOL

In fact, I feel so peaceful now, I think I'll turn in.

Sleep well.

No comments: