Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Sounding like a Baldwin

Well, it's been fairly eventful over the past few weeks, my friends, so I'll just give you the main points.

Work has been as busy as ever with basketball games, sick announcers, and gymnastics. With the supposed drop-off in games due to the end of the regular season, I figured things would be easier and I'd get a chance to rest my over-taxed voice. The damn flu bug made other plans. So I've been pushing my voice more than it should and with a cold I'm still trying to shake, I'm afraid I may come down with a case of laryngitis.

But I got to do some cool things, like watch Madison win its 14 straight state gymnastics title. What makes it even cooler is that it set a national record. I've been very impressed with the heart and dedication of these athletes. I guess I just became a Madison gymnastics fan!

The personal life has been quite interesting to say the least. A friend from my past has reappeared in my life. We're taking our time reconnecting (and for me to get over some trust issues). I try to tell her hi daily, but sometimes my timing can be a bit off and I end up missing her so I feel like a stalker in that sense. So I feel a little discouraged... I wish my sense of timing was better!

And one of these days I'll shake off my cold... I need to see my lil' Zoey Swee' Pea!

No comments: