Friday, April 20, 2007

On to happier things...

Well, considering I had to release a little vitrol last week, I figure it's about time I had a happy post!

As a New Yawk cabbie would say "Foist things foist!"

After nine months of somewhat-quiet anticipation, I'm proud to say I'm a first-time uncle! Zoey Jane was born April 11th in Sioux Falls at Sanford/USD Medical Center... Yeah, I know. But fortunately Mike and Katy held off temptation and did not name her "T. Denny!"

But she is just about as perfect as a baby can be. LOTS and LOTS of dark hair... in fact the nurses at the hospital would spend the night in the nursery playing with it, spiking it and all that jazz. Thank goodness they restrained themselves from dyeing it blue! :D

But Zoey, mother and father are all doing well. They're back home and I'm looking forward to spending some quality time with them!

The other good piece of news is that I FINALLY have my taxes done! This year, I did something a bit different. I actually put away the paper, pen, and calculator and did my taxes on-line. Yes, yes, I'm a bit of a luddite. But I'm a cautious luddite. Hey, Identity Theft and all that crapola!

But talk about a time-saver! All-told, it took me an hour to do, then one click and I'm done! Not too shabby. I didn't get as big a return as I usually get; I blame that for actually making some decent money and getting bumped into a higher tax bracket... which goes to show that being successful truly DOES have a price! ;)

And I already have my plan on how to spend my refund...a decent entertainment center and some new glasses!

No comments: