Monday, December 04, 2006

A crossroads....

When I was younger, I looked forward to growing up and going on adventures. Just getting in my car, point it in a random direction, and just drive. Find a new town, set up new roots and a new life.

Ah the impetousness of youth!

But as I became settled in this area and set up roots, that wanderlust seems to disappate. Granted, I'd like to travel, but now not at the idea of uprootin my life.

It appears I have an opportunity to revive that wanderlust.

A colleague of mine has offered me a fantastic radio opportunity... in Wyoming.

As I think about it, it seems highly unlikely that I would go. After all, my friends are here, I have a great job, my family is here... I'm gonna be an uncle for crying out loud! It's a place I love and that I will always call home.

But there's that nagging little part of me... that incessant voice that says "throw caution to the wind and go west, young man!"

I don't want to say no right away, but I want to give it some serious thought... and figure out what's best for me.

Wish me luck.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bull! What is up! At the very least be proud that you have opportunities and option. Few can say that in the broadcast business right now. Clear Channel is firing HUNDREDS of people this month.

Hope you are well.
-Dan

Mama G said...

Hi, I love flyover land!!! I;m from Iowa, which is part of the detestable flyover land. Let me tell you, there are problems here, yet, I wouldn't live anywhere else.

We should be proud. The other parts of the country are just jealous! :-D

Thanks.
Mama G