Sunday, April 16, 2006

More stuff...

I haven't been on in a while (probably a week), so I figured I'd better leave you some tid bits as to what I've been up to.

Work has been work... mucho mucho hours. Overall, I think I've put in close to 70 hours this week. But that's okay. One thing... when I worked at Citibank, I couldn't wait to get out of there and I couldn't STAND to work 40 hours a week in that place. Now that I'm back at the radio station, sixty and seventy-hour workweeks aren't all that bad. Even if I AM salaried!

My big project is now working on our AM station, getting that all back in shape. Sadly, the station has been put by the wayside for a long time and it sounds like crap. So I'm updating it with new songs, new rotations, and soon, some new imaging. It's been a challenge, but I know I'm up to it.

Not much to report on the personal life... I think that's why I don't mind working long hours, less opportunity for me to have a personal life!

I got the opportunity to host karaoke this weekend. It's been a while since I've done that, but I had a good time.... and the extra money didn't hurt, either! But one of the most touching things I saw last night was when a soldier recently back from Iraq broke down while singing "American Soldier" Kup and I picked up the song for him and it was incredible! The entire bar started singing, some flashing their lighters and I heard the biggest round of applause I had ever heard in my time hosting karaoke. Not for my singing, mind you, but for this young sargent who had just spent 18-months in a volitile hell-hole. I'll have more on this in my next post.

And on that note, I hope you all have a wonderful Easter. Drive safe, and save me some extra ham!

1 comment:

AdamTest said...

I'm curious; what is "imaging"?